Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Juggling my life and the lives of the tiny people

How does one prioritize their own life when there is a significant other and three tiny heathens in the picture? I have been asking myself that same question for the last twenty months. It's hectic and stressful but I wouldn't change it for the world. From the moment the alarm goes off in the morning to either get the girlfriend up to head to work or to wake the youngest and middle child for school until I finally make my way to bed after having lunches made for everyone the following day, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I still have difficulty figuring how to achieve a balance. I'm not working, but I am taking college classes. And as any parent knows, being a parent is a full-time all on its own. There's school for the tiny people, homework, and extracurricular activities. Then there is the never-ending task of preparing meals, cleaning, laundry, and rearranging schedules As they are all still children one shouldn't be surprised that they can be rambunctious. When the girlfriend has days off she likes to try to have us all do things together so the tiny people are not bored. In our world of iPods, iPads, tablets, and other forms of technology it is important to get out of the house and do things so the technology does not take the place of the parents. This makes it difficult to find undisturbed time to do assignments. Frustration may occur from time to time but I continue to remind myself that I'm strong enough to juggle.

How do you as a parent juggle your life and the lives of your tiny people? 

No comments:

Post a Comment