Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Meatloaf recipe - The Kids Actually Like It!

I'll be honest, the trio are picky eaters. It is a challenge getting them to eat prepared meals some days. When I first made meatloaf for dinner I was skeptical on them actually eating it. I was joyfully surprised when all three ate everything on their plate! Below is the recipe I use for my meatloaf. Give the recipe a go and let me know if it goes over well for your family.

Ingredients
2 1/4 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 medium sized onion, chopped
1 2/3 cups milk
1 3/4 cups dried bread crumbs
16 ounces mushrooms, sliced (if not using fresh mushrooms canned will work just as well)
4 ounces shredded cheese (any kind will do)
2 ounces shredded cheese (optional)
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup mustard
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste

Directions

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, combine the ingredients. Season your mix with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. (optional) Sprinkle 2 ounces of shredded cheese evenly on top of your meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.

Pretty simple, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment